In the summer, this section provides updated route condition information for select climbing routes and some of the more popular approaches and descents in Grand Teton National Park.
Please be aware:
- Many of these approaches and descents remain snow-covered throughout much of the summer season.
- The ability to properly use an ice axe and/or crampons may be required to ensure safe travel.
- Consult more than one guidebook and visit the Jenny Lake Ranger Station for additional information.
- Make sure you know your descent route!
- Trailhead parking lots are extremely busy places in July and August! Expect popular ones to be full by 9:00 am or earlier! Carpool when possible or consider procuring a hiker shuttle/taxi service from the town of Jackson to avoid frustration and causing damage to adjacent vegetation. Camping is not allowed in parking lots.